Chocolate cookiesCourse: Dessert
- Dry ingredients
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
- Wet ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup strong espresso, cooled
75 gr grated chocolate or chocolate chips
- Decorating the cookies
25 gr melted chocolate for drizzle
Fleur de sel optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients, if necessary put through a sieve.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat 3-4 minutes until fluffy
- Add egg and beat to incorporate.
- Add vanilla
- Add espresso
- Add flour mixture in stages being careful not to over mix
- Add the grated chocolate pr chocolate chips and mix them in.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Leave some space between them as the cookies will spread.
- Bake for 11 minutes then remove from oven .
- Let cool a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then use a spatual to carefully remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Melt remaining chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle over the baked cookies.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Once cooled, keep covered at rook temperature or freeze..