Vegan oil free muffins
I love having muffins around for a quick snack or to enjoy with a cup of something. These are guilt free muffins made with whole wheat flour and containing no animal products or oils.
The recipe is a basic one to which you can add or incorporate whatever strikes your fancy. I have added fruit purees like apple sauce, diced apples, berries, chopped dates, chopped nut that I often caramelize first, mashed banana etc. You get the picture. It’s very versatile. Enjoy and make it your own.
Plant based oil free muffinsCourse: All Recipes, Bread, Breakfast, Vegan
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups plant based milk, you may need a bit more
1/4 cup maple syrup
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Add milk and syrup and mix to combine
- Do not over mix.
- Por into paper muffin cups set on a muffin tray.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 min or until done.
- Optional: add 1/4 cup apple sauce, diced apple, chopped dates, chopped nuts etc.