Rye bread crisps
In the previous post I suggested serving eggplant salad with bread crisps. here is an easy recipe for crispy bread that would be nice any time you need a carrier for dip, a base for a salad or just something nice to snack on.
Rye bread crispsCourse: Resources
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup rye flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until a rough ball of dough isa formed. You can add a bit more water if needed but not too much.
- Remove to a lightly floured counter and knead until a smooth ball of dough is formed.
- When ready to proceed roll out the dough very thinly, 1/8″ thick. I prefer to divide the dough into four pieces and roll reach in a pasta machine.
- Lightly spray or brush with olive oil and spread the topping over.
- Roll the topping into the dough with a rolling pin, lightly.
- Bake in preheated 425F oven until golden and small bubbles appear.
- Bake in preheated 425F oven until golden. there will be small bubbles on the surface.
- Remove and cool on racks.
- Place rolled out dough on parchment lightly dusted with semolina.