Orange polenta cake
Orange polenta cakeCourse: All Recipes, Desserts
200gr almond meal
Zest of 2 oranges
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
100gr brown sugar
100gr white sugar
2 tsp orange flower water
- Soaking syrup
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
6 cardamom pods
1 teaspoon orange flower water
- Combine polenta, almond meal, zest, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk butter, sugars, eggs (add one at a time) and orange flower water until fluffy.
- Add egg mixture to polenta and mix until blended. Do not over mix.
- Transfer into a parchment lined and buttered 20” round cake pan with removable bottom. Bake in 350F oven about 45-50 min until cooked through.
- While the cake is baking combine the syrup ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook 8 til syrupy. Strain.
- When the cake is ready poke the top with a skewer to create small holes. Drizzle the syrup over spreading it over the cake.
- You can garnish the cake with sliced orange and almonds.